Thinking about Self-Managed Super?
The difference between an SMSF and other types of funds is that the members of an SMSF are usually also the trustees. This means the members of the SMSF run it for their benefit and are responsible for complying with the super and tax laws
If you set up a self-managed super fund (SMSF), you’re in charge – you make the investment decisions for the fund and you’re held responsible for complying with the super and tax laws. It’s a major financial decision and you need to have the time and skills to do it. There may be better options for your super savings.
An SMSF must be run for the sole purpose of providing retirement benefits for the members or their dependents. Don’t set up an SMSF to try to get early access to your super, or to buy a holiday home or artworks to decorate your house. These things are illegal.
It’s best to see a qualiﬁed, licensed professional to help you decide. That’s where we can help!
In-house experts readily on hand
The SFR Advisory Group provides clients with in-house expertise in relation to the establishment and management of your superannuation. With a small but dedicated team of SMSF Specialists Advice, Accountants, Investment Advisers, Estate Planners, Real Estate Agents we provide tailored advice for individuals in a variety of circumstances. Whether you are single, a couple, have a large family, employed, or running your own business, we can provide you with spot-on assistance with your SMSF. Perth and interstate clients choose us when they want professionalism and specialised services.
SFR Self Managed Super Fund Key Benefits:
- Flat fee structure
- No Platform or wrap fee
- Access to Self Managed Super Fund (SMSF) accountants
- In-house administration and management
- All types of super pensions and strategies are covered
- High compliance regime
- Access to direct investments
- Over 20 years’ experience in SMSF advice, management and administration
- Advanced Estate Planning strategies
- Advanced portfolio construction technical support
- Online portfolio access/reporting
- Access to discount stockbroking
- Access to property management support
- Compliance service option
- Audit included in fee
- Unlimited telephone support
Self Managed Investor Services (SMIS)
What is Self-Directed Investing (SDI’s)?
Self-directed investing is the activity of individual investors trading stocks, property, bonds, funds, and other securities on their own behalf. SDI’s typically use discount brokers, collect rents, manage their own properties and online trading, they don’t rely on other people choosing what and when to buy and sell.
These DIY investors display several common behaviours:
1. The desire to craft their own investment plans based on their interests, capacity for risk, and long-term goals
2. The confidence to make their own trades, regardless of the sentiment of brokers, advisors, or the broad market
3. The willingness to perform their own research and the ability to act on that information
4. Willing to only get help in specific supported areas so as to maintain maximum control and minimise costs.
Rather than paying a typical financial manager 1% of your entire portfolio’s value every year plus commissions and fees to make a couple of trades for you, you decide what to invest in and why.
Self Directed Investors still require a great deal of assistance so they can concentrate on what they really want to do best- Making Investment Decisions! That’s where SMIS can help.
The SFR Advisory Group offers a suite of services that supports the self-directed investor through its subsidiary Self Managed Investor Services Pty Ltd (SMIS).
SMIS service options include:
- Self Managed Super Fund (SMSF) administration and compliance advice
- Tax advice on investments and structures
- Estate planning advice to ensure all is covered
- Tailored property advice and management
- Buyer’s agent services for property investments
- Research and updates on share market and property investments
- Corporate action reports
- Online portfolio access
- Back office support
Self Funded Retirement Planners Pty Ltd (AFSL #229456) (ABN 69 093 267 531) T/A SFR Planners
Self Managed Investor Services Pty Ltd (CAR 337261) (ABN 66 136 369 296)
AFSL Tax Advisers and Superannuation Advisers (Registered Tax Agent Number 24703433)